Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Monday, October 4, 2010

And it starts now...

It's funny that was my facebook status a week or so ago. So this morning I came in from a very "so-so" yesterday to find comments under my blog titled "Subjectivity at its Best" that were not so...hmmm...supportive. And I expected that. I honestly did. I mean am I hurt by the comments? Yes. Will it effect me and my actions? Yes it has effected me deeply, yet I will continue to seek the truth. I will approach the situation at hand with a little more "tact"; however this blog is my personal spill, you know? And I chose to candid and naked about it. Open about it.

I was told by one of my commentors, three things: 1) That I deeply hurt someone he cared about, 2) He has zero patience for actors who blame other actors for not getting cast and 3) I need to take a nice long hard look myself. WOW! Well in response to #1, the person that was deeply hurt MUST be someone I know. Which means, that I am deeply hurt that they are hurt. By no means, did I say that they couldn't do the job. I didn't. It's just...when you are as passionate about my art form as I am, you don't understand why others don't understand that. Now, I am not sure who, I am not sure who I've hurt but I will use this as an apology. It was quite harsh how I worded it, however, I never claimed that you couldn't do the job. I never said you couldn't do it. I'm truly sorry...

#2: I never blamed anyone for not being cast. Period. That wasn't my focus. I'm very sure I never said that.

#3: Sometimes it's hard to face yourself; however, in this case if I hadn't faced myself I wouldn't have wrote my blog "Subjectivity at its Best" . This is the truth I face when I look in the mirror: An actor that has been at a university for 2 years, given ample amount of time and effort, loves its people and staff, has the talent to succeed in this department and business, and has not been able to shine. I am very grateful for all the work that I have been given and done, but... I'm about to graduate. I am about to graduate and I feel as though I have left nothing...I've learned plenty.   But that's what I see when I take a long hard look at myself.

I would like to take this time to personally apologize to anyone I have offended. If it's who I think it is, you know that I love you and have much respect for you. I just don't appreciate the circumstances in which this happened.

Thank you....

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment