Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Georgia On My Mind...

May 18, 2015- Georgia On My Mind…

"Georgia, Georgia
The whole day through 
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind..."

I can finally say it aloud! I have been accepted into the MASTER OF FINE ARTS IN ACTING program at the University of Georgia!! Praise Him!  I raise my hands to God and give Him the glory! Here's to all of the artists that didn't take NO for an answer! In the beginning of 2014, I was rejected from ALL 4 graduate schools auditioned for. It hurt so badly… I went through this phase when I was questioning my abilities and talent, but I literally turned to prayer. Somewhere deep inside I knew that I was supposed to be going after my Masters.

Through all of my adversities, I kept pressing forward. I stayed in the word and surrounded myself with people who believed in the beauty of Faith. People who believed in the unseen and what is inside. Next thing you know, it was November 2014 and it was that time again! Time to go out and audition again! Once again, putting yourself on a pedestal and hoping that these individuals can see your passion and your vision. That you are not just some OTHER actress but something more. Someone who is a visionary…someone who looks outside of the box because THERE IS NO BOX.

Auditioned for UGA in November 2014: my auditioning group were the first round of auditions for the new year. LET ME TELL YOU HOW HE WORKS: The University of Georgia ONLY recruits every 3 years! 3 YEARS! And they only accept 12 people per cohort and this is out of over 100 candidates being considered. From SETC and the URTAs… and I was in the first group they saw….PHHHEEEWWWWW! Praise Him!  And I believe those other doors didn't open because THIS is where I was supposed to go. I auditioned back in November and I heard on April 1st I was accepted into the department. And y'all know I thought it was an April Fool's Joke! (laughs) But indeed it was not.  Then I was officially accepted into the university on May 12th. Why am I telling you this whole story?? Because I need my fellow actors and actresses, my fellow artists to know that if you feel and KNOW something in your heart---go after it and don't stop until you get it! It won't be easy but He will give you the desires of your heart. 

Not only was I offered acceptance--- I was offered a WHOLE lot more. TRUST ME, GOD LISTENS! I take no credit for this…I am just using my skills and my faith to inspire others! Ask and you shall receive. I was offered a full tuition assistantship!! Praise Him!!!! That is what I am talking about. I cast my fears and doubts out and up in faith and out come the beauty of faith. Come on---I am COMPLETELY relocating. Uprooting from my comfort of good ol' Virginia and delving into school and being in the cusp of my target market: ATL. Sounds too good to be true?! It is not like ANY of this was handed to me or any of us who have been through the "ringer" over our careers. But I can't deny the favor that has been bestowed upon us. This is my testimony: the wayward daughter who found her faith in her Father, her craft, and most importantly--herself! 

And now I am on my way to "mastering" my craft. I will be refining my skills and will not be limited to just performance but creativity across many platforms! I realized that my technique is only going to grow and I will become an even better actress than I am now. So thank you so much to everyone who has been in my corner on my journey…who has shared my tears of frustration and fight. We did it and I can't wait to take Georgia by storm!!!!!!!!!!

University of Georgia, here I come!!!!!!!!


Brit

Twitter: @Broadway_B

No comments:

Post a Comment