Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Life is Like... (1)

January 29, 2015- Life is Like… (1)

So let’s start by saying that my favorite movie of all-time is Forrest Gump. For many reasons; however, for some reason this morning I woke up and… all I could think about was the saying “Life is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you’re gonna get”. True.  So then I started going on this wild tangents and create a bunch of “analogies” that could fit the famous phrase.

So life is like a bag of assorted nuts…and I am allergic. I feel as though no matter what I draw from the “bag of life” some days my body just rejects it. Like an allergic reaction. My hope and perseverance is Benadryl but of course there are side effects. When you are driven and persevere along…you sometimes burn out. Get drowsy and tired…just like with Benadryl. So what advice do you give to someone who is allergic to nuts BESIDES not eating them? 

Find an alternative. A substitute. If what you are going after is burning you out or is harmful, seek out an alternative. No need to constantly put yourself out there only to crash and burn…seek out another option.

I know you were wondering where that was going. LOL. I am telling you lately I have been on the brink of just crashing…mentally I am living in multiple sections that aren’t blending together at all and it is because of the nature of the work I am involved in. I HAVE NEVER been the person to over or double book myself but now…I have no choice. And this is the first time in a while…that I am living the life of a “true working actor”. 


Brit

Twitter: @Broadway_B

No comments:

Post a Comment