Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Life is Like... (2)

January 30, 2015- Life is Like…(2)

Life is like a traffic light…no matter how fast or slow you want to truck along, it will always regulate the flow. Primarily for safety, but for the most part don’t we ALL get frustrated with traffic signals? I mean when you are getting “green” after “green”, things are great but red lights are the worst. And that is how life can be sometimes. Going good and smooth and then you start to get hit with every challenge and hurdle in the book. 

About two years ago, I read this book called Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff and it’s All Small Stuff by Dr. Stephen Carlson and there is one particular chapter about “life is not an emergency”. Sometimes we just have to pace things out. Traffic lights are in place to keep us safe on the roads and provide a peace of mind. Life has natural stops and breaks to do the very same things.

Sure, the breaks may come at inopportune times…but rather than become angry or question them, simply revel in the moment. This is a huge lesson for me because I am 26 “going on 40” in my mind. I feel as though if I don’t move expeditiously to the next thing that I will miss out on something glorious. OR that I may die. "It is that kind of emergency." And moving with intent and urgency is not the same as moving as though you are in an ambulance.

Just learn to take your time. Assess every situation.

Brit

Twitter: @Broadway_B

No comments:

Post a Comment