Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Canvas.

March 26, 2015- Canvas.

“Looks can be deceiving”

We’ve all heard that saying before. Or this one: Don’t judge a book by its cover. But what do those sayings REALLY mean? What they are saying is don’t judge someone just on how they look or their appearance. Being an artist, our work is often “judged” and evaluated by a mere glance or look. My canvas as an Actor is my body, my appearance. Our works i.e. our “canvas” often doesn’t get any recognition until it’s too late. People cannot see pass our exterior to what makes us the true artist that we are.  Come on… we don’t get any credit until the “right” person declares we are talented or our work is good enough. (Laughs) It is true.
        
I have come to a place that my looks don’t make my skills any better or any worse. Honestly, it is what is inside. What you “paint” out, “sculpt” out, “dance” out or even “perform” out is what matters. The simple fact that it is finally out there… As long as whatever you present truly represents you and has purpose is the key. Remember that. Don’t adjust or alter your “canvas” for anyone or anything but yourself. And even then…reconsider. Stand out and be unique.


Brit

Twitter: @Broadway_B

No comments:

Post a Comment