Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Friday, April 17, 2015

27: Work

April 17, 2015-27: Work.

Can’t stop, won’t stop eh, eh, eh….did you get the reference? Probably not and that is fine. But that is the truth: don’t stop whatever you are doing. I am an extremely hard worker. I work so hard that in fact, I tend forget about taking care of myself in the process. I am working on it… But it comes to a point when you would like to see the fruits of your work. What am I doing all of this for? It can’t be just for the money or in an Artists mindset, for the fame. What is it for? Who is it for?

I am trying to learn to work hard for myself. I don’t want to let me down, so I push myself even harder. SIDE BAR: Recently, someone told me that I am too hard on myself. Phew…just thinking about that brings tears to my eyes, but it is the truth. I believe I do have my moments and times when I am too hard on myself. I don’t give myself a break. Just rest on my laurels, right??… I came across this quote a couple months ago and it has really stuck with me:

Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.- Stephen King

Go on ‘head, Mr. King. That is a powerful quote…


Brit

Twitter: @Broadway_B

No comments:

Post a Comment