Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Waiting.

August 21, 2014- Waiting.

The waiting game. Is it just me or does it feel like the older we get, the more we wait on things? I mean think about when you were a kid, you asked and basically…in the blink of an eye…get what you want. Like *finger snap* but the truth is… that is the most jacked up sense of reality that one could ever perceive. (laughs) But I am serious.

Not only do you wait in traffic constantly throughout the day or waiting on an appointment or whatever…. with any artist we are waiting, yearning for that next opportunity to fall into our laps. The waiting game for an actor is like frickin’ pulling teeth. Not only are you waiting for your next audition opportunity but even AFTER you get the audition, you have to wait on casting. And that’s when all the questions pop into your head: Could I have done it like this? Or that? Can you believe that is how I ended that monologue? I don’t really even sound like that. Could the reader be anymore bland? Give me something back! We all know the feeling…
 
And the sad part is…we sometimes never hear anything back. I mean at least with a normal job interview you can get a nice little call from HR letting you know that you have been selected or not selected for the position. However in the acting arena….nada. Nothing. Needless to say, being an Artist is about mastering the craft of PATIENCE. Even if you are spiritual or not, there is a time for everything in this universe. I have been going towards becoming a Professional Actor for about 10 years now. Professional meaning having constant bookings, higher pay, and developing a certain level of “status”. The status part is what I am working on the most. The thing is you have to learn not to be your biggest obstacle. I am still where I am...by choice. I made the choice to seek out one way or I have made the choice to seek it out another way…either way was my choice. But now that I am finally coming to a realization about…choices and will…I am ready for things to take off! WHY? Because I am FINALLY ready for it!

I have to often tell myself…. “Self, just because you want something right now doesn't mean you are ready for it.”  Discouraging?? Hmm…a little but…. There is a great scripture that speaks on this:
Galatians 6:9-  Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up (NIV)
And this can be applied to anyone …if you choose not to grow tired of the struggle, it will pay off in the end. So…enjoy the wait. It may be worth your while.


Brit

Website: http://main.brittney-s-harris.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/ActressBrittneySHarris


No comments:

Post a Comment