Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Finding Yourself Through Your Craft pt. 1

October 20, 2014- Finding Yourself Through Your Craft pt. 1

It is like this unspoken rule that by a “certain” age you are suppose to understand yourself through and through. You are supposed to know yourself and understand why you are the way that you are and say the things that you say…blah. Blah. Bullshit! I call “B.S.” on the whole thing. Why? Because every day is a constant discovery. Well for myself, at least. I learn every day what boundaries I can push my body towards. For example, I have an upper respiratory infection at the moment. Which has resulted in the worst possible outcome for me as an actor: losing my voice. 

I have written about that before…losing my voice. Nevertheless, instead of trying to wallow in the slumps of being sick, I decided to pull a “mind over matter” and push thru it. Herb it up, water, teas, etc… and fight through it. I have to admit, at first, it worked! I felt more energized and alert. But slowly what I wasn’t doing is listening to my body. It was screaming to get some rest. And not like sleep but to rest your tools. So in the end, I sucked it up, went to the docs, and got some meds! Woot…

See through this odd sickness that I am going through I actually learned something about me through my craft. I learned that your tools, just like your mind and spirit, need a rest as well. Now I don’t care if I was 30 and I discovered this about myself or I was 15 and I learned this…it doesn’t matter when you learn something as long as you don’t stop learning.

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment