Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

ATL Reflection (Part I): Independent.

November 18, 2014: ATL Reflection (Part 1): Independent.

The strength it takes to go after something that doesn't have a clear and defined path is truly a remarkable feat. Any artist aiming to make a living creating and presenting art are by far some of the craziest people to grace the planet. Not only is our work “successful” based on the subjectivity of others, but we still have to create it to please ourselves. Phew. The journey of an Artist is a rough yet rewarding one.
This past weekend, I got to be in the presence of a true path maker. I have known my friend for over 5 years now and she always finds a way to amaze me. She is an Independent Artist: creating and defining her own path by any means it takes. Through sacrifices, through tears, through diligence, through it all. It is a beautiful thing to witness. She is currently in Atlanta pursuing the career path of an Actress! And I couldn’t be more proud of her. Not only is she my sister in spirit but in artistry.
Actresses Brittney S. Harris and Kristen Lingham
Sometimes you have to let it all go and just depend on yourself. I think the generational shift comes when youth and young adults depend on each other for everything. And not just each other but…depend on technology and social media and whatever. Phew—I am telling you! I have much respect for an Artist that lives with the bare minimums and just the art. Now I am not saying not to have any amenities, but I am talking about prioritizing your amenities.

I have said it to her numerous times and I am saying it again, I am so proud of you Kristen. Keep up what you are doing… I am so blessed to have crossed paths with you at lil ol’ ODU!

So…all that being said I can wait to reveal to you WHY I was in Atlanta…it is truly an eye opening visit. Be on the lookout for Part II.

Here is something to take with you for the rest of your day: Aim to be the “I” in Independent.
  
Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment