Welcome!

Welcome to the B. Blog! What's happening right now with me will ALL be seen here. Upcoming performances, auditions, any and everything to do with my journey as a professional actress.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Decisions, Decision!

September 5, 2014- Decisions, Decisions!


Quick! I just got offered a gig and I need to take two days in a row off from work and we are in the middle of a financial deadline that is due on the final day of shooting…what should I do?? Oh, did I forget to mention that this role is for a featured walk-on you have been auditioning and trying to get for about 4 or 5 months!?

This happens to me all the time. Not in the dire sense of an extremely overwhelming deadline at work but having to decide between my duality of my job and craft. It is exhausting and stressful, no doubt about it. I mean in the general you have to ask yourself if a two -day gig is worth you possibly losing your job with your decent salary. Or sometimes we are plagued with having to choose between one gig over the other. In the end, you have to decide what is best for you. I always tell myself that if I was given this one opportunity, then another will come. And that applies to both jobs and your craft. And hey! On a personal note, it applies to the people you cherish as well. You may have to make decisions that in the end doesn't benefit the both of you, but is what it is for the best, in general.

One of the hardest talks I have ever had was the “Where is My Life is Going” talk.  And for someone like me who is so goal-oriented, it was different. It was with my mother and she has always stressed the importance of having a “Plan B”. And while I am sitting there… practically getting reamed by her harsh approach, I am holding in my hands my professional resume. I have a skill set that is out of this world: I am highly technology- savvy, a people person, years of sales experience, and development experience, I can go on and on…and as I am looking down at my resume, I see my tears splash unto the paper. Here—in my hands were ALL of my attempts of a Plan B. And I was tired of feeling guilty about them. I am proud of all the experience I have gathered and gained, but that is what Life is about. You live and you learn. You learn that when one door closes, another one always opens. You just have to be ready when the knock comes.

And for the first time in years, I let her know how important my craft is to me and now I am sharing that with you.

Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment